What's A Blog?
a regularly updated website or web page, typically one run by an individual or small group, that is written in an informal or conversational style.
add new material to or regularly update a blog.
"it's about a week since I last blogged"
How Can I Make Money Writing A Blog?
Here's 5 ways to Make Money Blogging:
- Ghost writing for well known bloggers, publications within your niche, and small to mid-size businesses (Ghost meaning you write for them, as them, and you don't get any credit for the work, but you do get paid).
- Guest blogging on other's blogs (many times bloggers get high paying jobs that take them away from putting out content on their own blogs, which leaves novice bloggers a nice way to make $50+ per blog they write).
- Blog Reviews for products and / or services that you are an affiliate of and get compensated for either product that your reader selects by say well known sites such as Amazon, or eBay.
- Selling ad space on your blog (this is more so for blogs that are more established and currently have a healthy following in a given niche).
- Donations (Some bloggers are able to put a PayPal donations button on their blog and get their readers to donate to them because their content is filled with precise how to info that otherwise may have taken a person a much longer time to read X amount of books or watch X amount of videos to get the very same info provided on one person's blog).
On Carol Tice's Blog, "Making A Living Writing," she's gives access to a list of 80 websites that pay $50 + per blog post. Definitely worth checking that out!
Who Reads Blogs?
What Should I Blog About?
A good thing to practice is to begin with what you believe you want people to walk away from when they read your blog.
What do you want them to remember after reading your blog post?
What type of followers are you looking to attract?
The better you get at answering questions yet to be asked by your target audience will certainly become the VERY BEST type of content that you coujld possibly put out. Pretty much like a comedian such as Jerry Seinfeld, who's comedy is almost entirely based off of stuff that he simply becomes aware of and shares with his audience. Observing things happening within your niche, and writing about it can seriously make you a BIG hit within that particular niche. The connection with a reader can become so much stronger when they feel as if you can relate with them.
How Can I Share My Blog?
- LinkedIN Groups
- Google+ Groups
- Biz Sugar
- Your Own Email List
- Blog Engage
- Your Own Industry's Social Networks